Monday, September 16, 2013

Start anew!

So I think the only way I'm going to lose the weight is to have some accountability - with myself! So, I'll use this blog (aka - paper saving journal) to not only capture what I've done with my day but also how I've fed myself (with food, exercise and spirituality). Here we go!

So, I begin everyday the same way - checking my phone. Usually because it is wanting me to silence an alarm but always because it has become how I adjust to waking up - slowly. Between deleting emails I never wanted in the first place and checking facebook status updates, I acclimate my eyes to the darkness of my bedroom and the oh-so-brightness of my phone by scrolling on my phone. The one thing I do like is my daily scripture reading. I downloaded the Daily Bible app not too long ago as a way to have some sort of devotional. It's amazing what one piece of scripture will do for your soul. Not to mention, it just sets my feet in motion to do good.

Moving on...

It's Monday! The day the gym is the most busy. I had already decided mid-last week that I would be in the gym come hell or high water. Not only that, I decided I would be in there a lot. My brain is still trying to decide if that means every day or most days. I can already tell by my calendar that going at the same time every day is going to be a problem. But, I can also see that there is time each day to schedule that in. And so I will...this is me being accountable. Write it and it must be so. Right!

So I woke up and got myself ready for what was going to be a very busy day. Put on the coffee, fed the dogs, made a sandwich for M and began the waking of the dead (children). It's no easy task when all I want to do is get back into bed with them. Eventually, I shove them oh-so-gently towards the car with Larabars in hand.

We all enjoy the peanut butter chocolate chip Larabar and I partake in a delicious cup of joe enroute to dropping M off at K4. But, I know the day is just beginning and it'll take a lot more pick me up. Luckily, I think exercise is the best medicine for that. T and I head for the Y. She loves child watch and I love Zumba. I'm late, of course, but there for a good 55 mins. I've already made up my mind that I want to get in more than just cardio. So, I head upstairs for a water bottle refill and a strength training workout. I stagger through my ab work out and then push myself a bit too hard through the weights. By the end, my muscles are fatigued but I'm energized. Off we go!

We had to hit the grocery store, the bank and the recycling/dump before picking up M from school. Again, this was still very early in my day. Not to mention, we had to camp out at the school for half an hour to distribute needed coupon books. Lucky for me, I've got a pretty good setup in my van - chair: check! Dry erase board for advertising "coupon books here": check! Water Bottle: Check. Sunglasses: Check!

Okay, so now that we are on our way home - I am starving! I have had a larabar, a banana and a cup of coffee. Granted I've drank 2 camelbaks full of water, I'm hungry! So, I eat the last leftover blueberry pancake with syrup followed by the last piece of bread with peanut butter and syrup.

Now it was time to get down to business. I had to turn out 6 pizza kits for my monthly swapper group for tomorrow night. Pizza kits are fun and delicious but man are they labor intensive. Especially when I picked up the wrong size Ziploc forcing me to use saran wrap for all the toppings. Exciting! But, my children were perfect as they vegged out to some Daniel Tiger and Mulan 2. I am a multi-tasker, so I was also able to knock out some household chores while dough was rising: dishwasher, dishes, etc...Finally, two and a half hours later, I could move on to bread rising. We were completely out of sandwich bread after my lunch so I knew I had to get it done if we were gonna be able to picnic with V&A tomorrow. Again, an opportunity for multi-tasking. I slipped out my pizza kit and made it up and had it baking because T was STARVING (or so she called from the living room). I think just before this point they were playing hopscotch on the back porch and I scrounged the last cheddar bunnies left over from their lunches in the living room. Timer beeps. It's time for fresh hot supreme pizza (and a glass of wine or two for me). The girls, surprisingly, only had one slice - which explains why they were complaining they were hungry at bedtime.

After dinner, I pulled the bread to cool, swept all the floors, vacuumed the carpet, cleaned the bathroom, gave kids a bath, put a load of laundry through the washer (and consequently the drier after the kids went to bed) and finished up the remaining dishes including the dogs' bowls. Seems like a woman's work is really never done - it's not just a cutesy little saying.

Once the kids were clean, we were able to enjoy story time and talk to daddy and be in bed before 9pm - It's a miracle! We've got to get in a better habit of going to bed before 9p so waking up before 8a isn't such a big transition. Either way, tomorrow we have to take my mom to the airport and I'm considering a workout at the gym prior to picking her up, so another reason they needed to bed down early. If I don't get my workout in tomorrow morning, it'll mean that between April and I, we'll have to go before I have to leave for the swap. Plus, tomorrow is the farmer's market at the church and I'd like to go to that as well.

After the kids went to bed, it gave me time to shower, flip laundry to the dryer and reclean the dog's area - seeing as how Ada likes to dig which in turn makes a mess of the backing to her dog bed. Gesh! These dogs drive me crazy.

Anywho, now that I've got time to myself and I've got this blog up to speed - I'm gonna go read some of "Known and Loved" - the devotional book that MOPS is reading this year as part of the theme: A Beautiful Mess.

Sum:
Food Intake
1 Larabar (PB Choc Chip)
1 Ripe Banana
16 oz Coffee (with 3T almondmilk and 2 t agave)

1 Blueberry Log Cabin Pancake with Real Maple Syrup
1 Honey Wheat Bread with Maple Syrup and Peanut Butter

7-10 Annie's Cheddar Bunnies

4 Slices Supreme Pizza (Pepperoni, Cheese, Red Bell, Green Bell, Onion, Mushroom, Olive, Sauce
2 Barefoot Riesling

Water!

Exercise:
55 Mins Zumba
Strength Training via Activetrax with Ab work

This morning the scale read 210lb. This evening the scale said 212. Time to get this number back in the 190's

Goal Weight: 160lb
Current: 212
Heaviest: 261 (pregnant - full term) < it counts.

All this above tells me I can enjoy one square of dark chocolate with cherries and almonds.
That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment