Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What a day!

When I woke up tired this morning from having stayed up too late last night, never in a million years did I think I'd deal with half of the stuff I did today. I was already contented with the idea of a post-school nap for all three of us. But, as fate would have it, God had different plans for me. So, I struggled to get up and get going with the normal routine of things and just barely got M up and ready and loaded before the bell rang. Luckily, my neighbor was so generous to come over to the house and sit while T remained asleep. But, on the trip home my van's check engine light illuminated. Yesterday, the ESC OFF lit up and so did the TPMS. But, once the Check Engine light came on I started really honing in on making that appointment at the service dept. Friday 8am. Ugh!

I got home, relieved the neighbor and waited for my sweet T to wake. A cup of coffee and a larabar/banana later and Once she was acclimated, she was ready to get to the Y to play with Alexander. I was ready to get my exercise in. So, we arrived approximately 945 and I jumped on the treadmill for the next hour while watching some tv on hulu. New Girl was hilarious as usual. Then, I began my strength training and was definitely feeling the effects of Monday's workout. But, midway through, I received the dreaded phone call. It was M's teacher. M has lice! Ack! Here I was gonna mow the yard, maybe drop in for bible study tonight. Maybe sneak a house chore in but nothing exhilarating. Remember, I was banking on a nap. I was to report immediately to pick her up. Only, I had to take the detour from the Y all the way back home to get another car seat. But, soon enough we were making tracks in the right direction and obtaining my infested child. :(

After the walk of shame hrough Walgreen's and a visit to the school's main campus, we were in route for home. Now the real fun was to begin. Strip all beds, remove all fabric items that may have come in contact with child's head in last 48 hrs - uh all of it? I'm neurotic enough that just doing the minimum wasn't gonna cut it. So, I began laundry. Then I bathed and poisoned the children and myself. Then I combed. And combed. ANd combed. Thank heavens T didn't have any but boy did M. The whole time I'm fascinated by just how many had accumulated in my child's scalp all the while I am unaware. But then I'm disgusted. How could this happen. We are clean. Did she get them on vacation? Did she get them at Disney? Or that birthday party at the ETNDiscCtr? Who knows. But I do know my house will be spotless come hell or high water. Ugh. I'm so tired.

The laundry has been going all day non-stop. I've remade three of four beds in the house. I've folded countless items. I've mopped, swept and vacuumed all surfaces in my home. Now, to just keep the laundry going. How many more loads? I dunno. Too many to count and I can hardly keep my eyes open.

But you know how they say things always happen in three? Well my third was when my Dyson decided to break in half. She's an oldie but still to this day a goodie. And, she still sucked this go round. But turning corners definitely a challenge. So, just when I think I'm gonna start putting money away (or better yet, paying the savings account back), I get hit with unknown amount on van and unknown cost of  new vacuum.

Let the cleaning continue...

Did I mention I itch like crazy. everywhere. not funny. OH, I almost forgot. I ate a pb&j, blue corn tortillas with medium salsa and some dehydrated apples today for lunch. THen beef stew for dinner followed by some delicious blueberry salad (something with greek yogurt on top). I admit to drinking two glasses of wine. A glass of milk and some vanilla stick things were enjoyed just before 12a (midnight snack). And, the scale said 208 this morning. That's a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment